Sunday 12 June 2011

Tying to ease the mind


 
After two weeks of doing things that made me stressful and down, I was finally able to tie something. And I must say that it felt really good! I struggled a bit with what I wanted to tie (I still have to tie a lot of dry flies and nymphs), but, because it has been a while since I’ve tied a pike fly (and that is the kind of tying that I get the most satisfaction from), the choice wasn’t so difficult after all. I just tied me a couple of ‘Lonesome Tom’ patterns that I can use in the river Semois. They’re not to big (about 12 cm), tied on a TOF SS-1930 INOX, size 3/0.

White/pink and
white/chartreuse.

3 comments:

Danny said...

The flies look great! I find it tedious to tie trout and get great satisfaction tying Pike flies

Piketeaser said...

What can I say,awsome looking flies,they really are.
Would be real killers in those colours in spring/autumn fishing.


-Djuza-

e.m.b. said...

Look great! And I hope they helped get your stress level down! All the best, and hopes for a relaxing week...