Friday 27 April 2012

Trout/perch Zonker


Yes, it’s been a week since I posted something, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t do anything. Since my main goal is trout at the moment, but the weather just stays horrible, with heavy winds, rain and hail storms, I stayed inside and tied myself a lot of trout streamers.

 


I certainly won’t post all of them, but I do want to share these ones. This kind of streamer is getting very popular over here in Belgium.








It’s a pattern by Pedro Guridi, a very nice Chilean guy who lives in Belgium. He’s not only a very good fly-fisherman, but also a fantastic fly-tier.
He made a tutorial of his ‘zonker’, which you can check out here.




He made some other tutorials as well (nothing for pike though), which you can find on the website of his club http://thenymphmaniacs.com/

And with perch in mind, I already tied me some slightly bigger ones in different colour combinations as well.


 










 









If this weather doesn’t change soon, I’ll do like Erin Block so elegantly said it in her last comment “Fist to the sky… and fish!”.




1 comment:

Stealth said...

That's a great video by Pedro, thanks for sharing it. I was actually trying some new stuff with rabbit fur so I will definitely give this one a try. Your patterns look they will be catching a lot of fish!