Thursday 29 September 2011

Test Flies

Within the next two weeks, I’ve been asked to do a tying session on pike flies in two different clubs, being ‘The Hawthorn Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Team’ and ‘Vliegvissers Ijzervallei’, which I’m very much looking forward to.
Both clubs have agreed to tie a ‘Lonesome Tom’ pattern, but beside of that I’m free to tie whatever I want, but they both insisted to tie a completely synthetic fly as well. That’s not much of a problem, but the first pattern that came into my mind (my favourite), is completely build with materials that I order abroad. And since my own stash won’t be enough to supply everyone, and I can’t take the chance of ordering more and not getting delivered on time, I’m working on the same pattern with different materials. And besides that, I can’t forget the sponsor of both sessions who delivers the material (yeah, yeah, Jan, I know what your going to say, so don’t bother to send me a mail). In fact, this gives me another challenge to come up with something new (which I like a lot!).




So I’ve tied me a handful (literally) of the same pattern with different materials (or different amounts, especially the tail) which I will test tomorrow. So let the best one triumph…


No comments: