For over a week now, I’ve had this idea for a new fly, but the idea just kept changing. I pulled out lots of hooks and tying material and made several sketches. So finally, yesterday I was ready to give it a try.
This is just a prototype, some things will certainly change, but I thought it was worth posting anyway.
The original idea just had an epoxy head, but yesterday I found these Flylipps in my mailbox (thanks again for those Michael) and I just threw them in the mix.
This afternoon, I found a canal that was reasonably ice free (due to the busy shipping), so I was able to test the action, and I was very pleased with what I saw. This is a real ass shaker! With some improvements here and there, this will be a killer.