Friday 7 January 2011

Pike flies

Most of you know the ‘Lefty’s Deceiver’, I guess (if you don’t, just google the name, and you will be occupied for quite a while). But if I want to tie some, I always end up with something completely different. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a deceiver, it is one of the most established patterns in the world. But you can really go in every direction with this fly.

 
The last time I sat down to tie some, I ended up with these (some of you might remember them from one of my first posts). So I was very curious, where I would end up today.







 



The first one was still very close to the original.









 




So was the second.








 






Even the third.



 










This one was already getting a bit ‘wild’.

 








And then I got completely off track.

Personally, I like this one the most
(it looks a bit like Beaker, the lab assistant from the Muppet Show).


 








And I ended with this one, which you can hardly call a deceiver anymore.












So if you don’t have any inspiration, start tying deceivers.

~It’s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get~


2 comments:

All about the grab said...

I've just dribbled all over my lap looking at those....thanks!

André Abt said...

Very nice ones - good work! :D