Saturday 8 January 2011

Pike flies

Yesterday, I very much liked the ‘Beaker’ kind of fly, so today I’ve tied me some more.

This fly is about 12 cm long, tied on a Gamakatsu F314, size 2/0.

- I started with two grizzly-pink saddle hackles (short and wide)
- a little bit of pink bucktail around the bottom of the hook shank and purple and black around the top
- pink Krystal Chenille around (1 cm of) the hook shank
- pink bucktail around the bottom of the hook shank and purple and black around the top


- 5 strands of Purple Krystal Flash on each side and 10 on top
- 1 grizzly-pink saddle hackle on each side and two on top (long and narrow)
- pink bucktail around the bottom of the hook shank and purple and black around the top
- then I glued on eyes and filled up the space between them with UV Clear Fly Finnish




This one is tied the same way, but yellow/black with a red artic fox collar (in a dubbing loop), and it’s a bit longer (about 15 cm).

No comments: