Monday 31 October 2011

Pike flies

I’ve started playing with ostrich herl again, because I think there’s not a lot material around that can beat the action of this stuff.
And one of my favourite patterns is still Ulf Hagström’s Toro Killer. You can find a tutorial on the genuine fly here.
And although I tie mine differently (I use more bucktail along the way to increase the volume), it’s basically the same fly. Here are some I’ve tied today:

 


different shades of olive





 





white and pink



 







my pike imitation

 








same here but shorter, and I also added lead wire in the head









 

and a tandem version










I already visited an ostrich farm for new feathers.

I’ll start dyeing them tomorrow…



1 comment:

Jerome_S said...

Your pike imitations are just lovely. Congratulations Stefaan!