Saturday 8 October 2011

Tying session

 
Last evening, I had to give a tying session on pike flies at
“The Hawthorn Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Team”. And it was a great success!
I even broke two records: one, it was the longest tying session they ever had, and two, we only tied 3 flies (yeah well, that’s the difference between pike flies and nymphs, I guess).



 


Everybody was very enthusiastic, for which I’m very grateful, because I was really nervous to start (because these people are no amateurs when it comes to fly-tying!).

So thanks a lot guys!





 


Here we are, halfway a ‘Lonesome Tom’ pattern.








 




They were particularly interested in the possibilities of brass wire dubbing brushes.







 



I have to admit that it felt really good to be appreciated in this way.


So… up to the next one
(which is next week)…





5 comments:

Xavier C. said...

Hello Stefaan
Voilà le genre de soirée que j'aimerai beaucoup venir faire ...
Ils ont beaucoup de chance !!!
Xavier

Anonymous said...

Hey Stefaan,

Thanks again for the great evening of "fly-tying lessons". I've learned a lot of new stuff!

See you sson,

Koen

the lonsome piker said...

Salut Xavier, merci beaucoup, peut-être tu peux venir la semaine prochaine, c’est seulement 608 km (j’ai regardé sur l’Internet). :)


Thanks Koen, for the reply and the fishing afternoon today (maar je mag het gerust in het Nederlands zeggen hoor). :)

e.m.b. said...

That table with tying supplies spread willy-nilly looks deliciously creative. Looks like a wonderful time (I would have learned a lot, I'm sure!) and you certainly deserve the note and appreciation!

the lonsome piker said...

Thanks again for the nice words Erin! I’m already looking forward to the next, but I will tie a fly less, because it was a very log session.