Monday 6 December 2010

Pike flies

Some of you might recognize this situation: every now and then, I start tying a fly, but when I’m good and well started, I want to tie something completely different. So I cut the thread and throw the hook on the side.

 

So this afternoon I was cleaning up my tying table and the mess around it, and came across some of these hooks with a tale tied on.

Most likely, this was to become a diver pattern, since I didn’t put any thread on the hook shaft…





 

…but as you can see, it turned out a bit differently.
I added some more Krystal Flash, some yellow and grizzly orange saddle hackles, a collar of orange, black and yellow artic fox, some sequins and epoxy.
So it is more a Simon Graham type of fly.




I can’t wait to see it in the water (which can take a while, taking the weather into account).

1 comment:

dave lindsay said...

very very very nice