Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Pike frogs

I’ve tried tying frogs in the past, but normally, it was just a fun thing to do, because once I tried fishing with them, it was a tragedy.

 



Like this one for example. It hangs very nicely in the water, like a real frog, but once you start stripping it… well let’s say a Barbie doll will catch more fish.










 




But I’ve been playing with this polypropylene fibre again tonight, and I think, this frog might actually catch pike.




 






I just tied in two strands with a knot at the feet, built up a body (and cut into shape), and added some doll eyes.




 








I’ve coloured the back with a permanent marker, but I’ll try tying the next one with different colours of fibre...







1 comment:

Djuza said...

Nice frog.
I have to say that I really admire your style of tying.
Your flies is somewhere between art and "simple" flies made for just fishing.
Keep on rocking!

-Djuza-