Sunday 19 December 2010

Pike flies


 



I’m still playing with the same pattern. This time in white and pink.






 




Actually I wanted to put some Flexifloss in the head, but I forgot…






 





so I’ve tied another one.

 
These flies are about 20 cm long, and tied on a Gamakatsu SC15-2H, size 5/0.


 



- I’ve started with a white rabbit zonker strip
- then some pink Ice Chenille wrapped around (1 cm of) the hook shank
- pink bucktail around the hook shank
- pink Polar Flash on top
- white saddle hackles
- and the head is white and pink lama hair, six strands of pink Flexifloss (three actually, folded double), and homemade epoxy eyes.
 






I like the look of this Flexifloss (or Crazy Legs) in the head, and they will add more movement, so I will be using this stuff more often.

No comments: