Thursday 11 November 2010

in honour of

The first flies I want to put on my site are to honour two gentlemen who where a real inspiration to me the last year and I still visit their sites daily. I also know they wont like to see each others name mentioned  together, but I really don’t care. 







First is Dave Lindsay (he was the first one I came across on the internet), you can visit his site on http://mcfluffchucker.blogspot.com . This is my version of a subbug (I don’t like tying flies entirely the same as others). These are about 17cm long and have a double bunny zonker tail, so you need at least a 9# to cast them because they get really heavy when wet but the action in the water is fantastic!











And then there is Simon Graham, you can visit his site on http://pikeflyfishingarticles.blogspot.com. This is not a fly you will see on his site but the building up of the materials is entirely his. I just finished the fly with a deer hair head, because I use a heavy hook (2,2 grams), and the deer hair makes it drop slower so I can fish it slower as well. When you stop retrieving, this fly has a live on it’s own.

These two guys gave me a fantastic year in both fly-tying and fishing!

No comments: